MVP is proud to offer NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) approved content from NCAA approved vendors. When registering for nontraditional courses online with your school counselor, please ensure they notify MVP regarding the need for NCAA approved coursework.
Nontraditional courses are classes taught online or through distance learning, independent study, individualized instruction, or correspondence methods. The following information is found on the NCAA.org site for student athletes taking nontraditional courses.
For a nontraditional course to count as an NCAA core course it must meet all the following requirements:
- The course must prepare students for academic work at a four-year college.
- The course must be comparable in length, content and rigor to courses taught in a traditional classroom setting.
- A student in the course must have regular interaction with the teacher for instruction, evaluation and assistance for the duration of the course. This may include, for example, exchanging emails between the student and teacher, online chats, phone calls, feedback on assignments, and the opportunity for the teacher to engage the student in individual instruction.
- The course must have a definite time period for completion. For example, it should be clear whether the course is meant to be taken for an entire semester or during a more condensed time period.
- The course must be clearly identified as nontraditional on student’s’ official high school transcript.
Credit Recovery Programs
For credit recovery NCAA solutions please contact MVP for details.