Assessment and Remediation Tool for English Language Arts (ELA) & Math K -8 Students
SPARK is a flexible and media-rich set of content-based assessment tools and instructional materials designed specifically to support the state standards for recommended grades K-8. SPARK creates
individualized and prescriptive learning paths based on each student’s specific level of skills mastery, providing them with extremely efficient and targeted skills practice and remediation.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Promotes mastery of K-8 English Language Arts (ELA) and math skills
- 17-25 units (individual skill lesson and assessment) in both ELA and math per grade level
- Lessons utilize grade-appropriate texts
- More than 1,600 skill assessment questions
- Prescriptive learning paths
- Lessons are embedded with rich animations and multimedia, direct-instruction videos, and dynamic learning activities
- Can be utilized as a standalone or as part of a course of study
HOW IT WORKS
Each SPARK unit focuses on a single skill. SPARK utilizes Odysseyware’s CRx (Credit Recovery) mode, assigning a pretest for each unit. Based on the results of the assessment, if a student passes, they are assigned the next pretest. If a student fails the pretest, they are assigned a remedial skill lesson, followed by a post-test.